When Brother, Nordea, Red Bull, Statoil or WHO need help managing their websites or intranet, they turn to Janus Boye. Apart from moderating J. Boye groups, Janus is working on steering large, complex and critical digital projects through to successful completion. He has for example helped customers change system integrator midway through trouble-ridden projects, thus reducing risk and costs dramatically.
Janus is a frequent speaker at industry events and has spoken at conferences in North America, Europe and Asia. He chairs the internationally recognized J. Boye Conferences held since 2005 in Aarhus, Denmark and since 2009 in Philadelphia, US.
As founder and managing director at J. Boye, Janus has grown the business from an office at home in 2003 to a global operation today and is widely regarded as a expert on managing the Web and making the best use of Web technologies.
Prior to setting out as an entrepreneur, Janus attended school in Denmark and a year as high school exchange student on Long Island, NY. He subsequently worked 5 years in Germany, including 4 years with an American CMS vendor travelling around Germany, Austria and Eastern Europe in various technical, sales, and product management roles.
Personally and outside work, Janus enjoys running and visiting family and friends. He thrives in Aarhus, Denmark all year round where he resides in an old townhouse with his fiancée and 2 young sons.
Janus currently moderates these groups:
You can meet Janus on one of these upcoming conferences:
- J. Boye Philadelphia 14 (Philadelphia, 6-8 May)
- Magnolia Conference (Switzerland, 24-26 June)
- J. Boye Aarhus 14 (Aarhus, 4-6 Nov)
Publications and commentaries
Recent conference talks, interviews, presentations and articles by Janus Boye
- From idea to reality - on launching your own company
- 3 talks given at the J. Boye Philadelphia 13 conference in May:
- Sharing is caring - a new intranet perspective (Presentation given at KM Singapore 2012 and Interaction 2012)
- Are semantic technologies ready to help organisations online? (Article for IKS - the semantic cms community, June 2011)
- Intranets: A Long Way Forward (Presentation given at KMWorld, Washington DC, November 2010)
- Social Media Best Practices (Presentation for Mobile Mojo conference in Utrecht, October 2010)
- Why Even Great Online Managers Have A Long Way To Go (Presentation for NYC Online Manager Group meeting, September 2010)
- Interview with Janus Boye: New Search Tutorial (Beyond Search, February 2009)
- Google in the Enterprise (KMWorld, February 2009)
- Untangling Enterprise Wikis (PDF from EContent Magazine)
- Enterprise Portal Market Overview 2008 (from KMWorld)
- Wikis meet reality (PDF from Intranets - Enterprise Strategies and Solutions)
- See all older articles by Janus Boye