How is your intranet performing compared to industry practices? J. Boye can benchmark your intranet and provide an independent assessment of your existing intranet compared to our 400+ members from across Europe and North America.
While benchmarking provides you with an understanding of where your intranet is compared to your peers, the key value of our approach is in the tangible recommendations on how to further improve. Our management briefings and reports focus on providing you with actionable recommendations.
Intranet benchmarking methodology
J. Boye will benchmark your intranet in 6 different areas, including:
- An expert review of the current intranet. This will include a detailed intranet demo and a limited number of targeted employee interviews
- Compare to the best practices from J. Boye’s 400+ member community
- An assesment of your intranet business case and the complexity of your technology landscape
For each area, we will provide a score (on a scale from 1 to 5) together with a justification and an analysis of strengths and weaknesses. This will be visually illustrated in the form of a spider chart (see sample figure below).
Six intranet benchmark areas
- Usability and efficiency: Is the intranet easy to use? Does it help employees to be efficient at performing their daily tasks? How can it become more usable?
- Functionality: Is the intranet feature-rich or bare-bones? How well are typical intranet applications, such as the people directory, implemented? To what extent is the intranet personalized?
- Evolution: How far has the intranet evolved from a simple top-down communications channel towards a sophisticated ‘digital workplace’? To what extent have social, mobile and collaboration features been integrated?
- Strategy and governance: How well is the intranet strategy formulated and linked to overall corporate objectives? What management processes are in place to make informed decisions about the evolution of the intranet?
- Communication: How effective is the intranet as a communications channel of corporate identity and values?
- Intelligence: Which aspects of intranet usage are being measured? Have KPIs been defined? How well are they tracked and used to take corrective action?
Benchmarking approach and time line
J. Boye typically conducts the intranet benchmark exercise over a period of 4 weeks elapsed time, from project kickoff to the presentation of the results to management.
Included in the project is
- on-site expert review of your intranet
- interviews with subject-matter experts, stakeholders and representative end users
- comparing with best practices from the J. Boye groups
- a final report that is strong on actionable recommendations
- a management briefing
- presentation of findings in person
Over 400 intranet professionals from large, complex and global organisations from Europe and North America attend our regular group meetings and share their intranet experiences. The members are from a wide spectrum of industries and include organisations like ABN Amro, Amnesty, Arla, Belgacom, Boehringer Ingelheim, EADS, Ecco, Egmont, Grundfos, LEGO, Lockheed Martin, Manpower, MITRE, Nordea, Novo Nordisk, OMV, OPEC, Putnam, Raiffeisen, Richemont, SBB, Swarovski, UNFPA and UNHCR.
Fixed price of €14,500 ($17,500) + travel and expenses
Contact Janus Boye to discus next steps and get started