Selecting a a new vendor does not have to be risky, difficult or time consuming. We guide you through a highly effective, tried and tested method which simplifies the process and ultimately helps you make the right choice. We typically help our customers with the following stages of the process:
Process and benefits
Our process focuses on:
- A thorough identification of internal priorities rather than of isolated projects
- A short RFP rather than extensive requirement lists
- Focus on dialogue with potential implementation partners rather than on tools and systems and check lists
- No need for a long requirement specification
- You avoid common pitfalls and minimize risk
- You ensure that you receive qualified, more transparent and comprehensible proposals from the vendors
- You get an impartial basis for comparison and a realistic overview of what is achievable within your budget
- You avoid investing in an unnecessarily expensive and complicated system
- You will be equipped to make a much more qualified decision
If you are considering whether to change system within the next year or two, you will undoubtedly be discussing a number of questions:
- Is it critical to change or upgrade right now or would our current platform be adequate for a while still?
- Which types of systems and implementation partners should we consider?
- What are the financial implications in the different scenarios?
- How do we create a business case for changing a system?
We guide you through the process, ensuring that:
- Your current platform is compared and assessed in relation to current market and industry standards
- You will have a clear overview of the requirements of the respective key stakeholders in your organisation, such as editors, administrators and management
- You will make critical decisions early in the process – before you end up with a burning platform
- You will develop a safe roadmap for your platform strategy
The number of inevitable tasks involved in selecting a new platform for the website or intranet is daunting. You will need to write requirement specifications, send material to vendors and assess the proposals you receive. We can guide you safely through the entire process.
The project could follow the following template:
- We conduct an initial workshop about the process where we identify and discuss your priorities and requirements
- You finalize the request for proposal on your own or with our assistance
- We develop a list of relevant vendors to approach
- We assist you with the evaluation of the incoming proposals and ultimately the final decision
- We advise you on the contract and on getting the project off the ground to a good start
Specifically for Web CMS selection, we've collected our experiences together with input from the community in our research paper:
Don't take our words for it
For detailed examples of customers we've helped with vendor selection, feel free to contact us for references or read these case studies:
Contact us for an informal discussion about your project
If you want to learn more about how we can help you with vendor selection, get in touch with Janus Boye.