The group focuses on the corporate intranet as communication channel; its content, structure, usability and organisation. Intranet strategy and governance as well as tools used for collaboration and knowledge sharing are other overall topics.
Intranet managers, communication managers, project managers, intranet editors and people in similar roles working with the sharing of information and knowledge in the organisation. The group is not open to vendors.
The members are from a variety of large, international and complex government and private organisations.
The group is not open to consultants or vendors.
Topics discussed in the group encompass:
- How to sell the intranet internally; how to stimulate adoption
- How to encourage knowledge sharing
- The stages of maturity of an intranet
- The training of contributors and editors
- Automation of work processes on the intranet
- Web 2.0 / new tools and applications
- Understanding and managing corporate rollouts of intranet, for example in subsidiaries or partner organisations
- Rollouts of intranets in different countries
- Personalisation of the intranet
- Internal campaigns and TV on the intranet
The group meets 3 times annually for full-day meetings. 2 of them hosted by members in their respective countries and one hosted by J. Boye in Aarhus, Denmark.
Meetings are in English and J. Boye provides meeting minutes from each meeting as well as an online forum for members to continue the conversations in between the meetings. There are expert guest speakers at most meetings to provide further input to the group.