Steven Pemberton (NL)
- Chair of Forms Working Group at W3C
- Researcher at CWI
- Researcher, Author, Public Speaker and Occasional Broadcaster
Aarhus 17 Conference – Nov 7-9 2017
At the international J. Boye conference in Aarhus, Denmark in November you will get valuable insights and input on the latest trends and developments from world class speakers, experts and peers.
KEYNOTE: On the 60th Anniversary of the First Municipal Computer
DATE: Thursday, nov 9 @ 9:15-10
About Steven Pemberton
Steven Pemberton is a researcher at CWI, Amsterdam, the Dutch national research centre for mathematics and informatics. His research is in interaction, and how the underlying software architecture can support users.
He co-designed the ABC programming language that formed the basis for Python. Involved with the Web from the beginning, he organised two workshops at the first Web Conference in 1994. For the best part of a decade he chaired the W3C HTML working group, and has co-authored many web standards, including HTML, XHTML, CSS, XForms and RDFa. He now chairs the W3C Forms working group, and was until recently a member of the ODF (Open Document Format) technical committee.
CWI (Centrum Wiskunde & Informatica) is the Netherlands’ national research institute for mathematics and computer science. Founded in 1946, it forms a part of the Netherlands Organisation for Scientific Research (NWO). Located in Amsterdam, CWI has strong international links, and enjoys a global reputation for innovative research.
The CWI was the birthplace of the European internet in 1988, and registered the first country domain in the world, .nl, in 1986. CWI built the first Dutch computer in 1952 and kick-started the development of the popular programming language Python in the 1990s. So far, CWI has founded 24 spin-off companies.
- J.Boye Philadelphia 16 Conference keynote: HTML5 is the new Flash
- J. Boye Philadelphia 16 Conference news: 5 things about the web that we need to future-prove
- J. Boye Aarhus 14 Conference presentation: What do we want from the web?
- J. Boye Aarhus 08 Conference keynote: Never is a long time (Disruptive Technologies and the Web)
- Steven was awarded the ACM CHI Lifetime Service Award in 2009
- XML Amsterdam 2015 Conference: HTML5 is the new Flash