Next meeting: May 16
Host: Magnolia in Basel
Would you like to accelerate your career as a software product manager? The best solutions comes from building on the experience from peers. Avoid making the same mistakes, achieve success faster and excel professionally.
This is a confidential forum where experienced product managers from software vendors can meet, set the agenda for future industry developments, provide feedback and share thoughts and ideas in an inspiring setting.
The groups meet 3 times a year, usually in January, May and September.
Meetings are held in English and J. Boye provides meeting minutes from each meeting as well as an online forum for members to continue the conversations in between the meetings. There are expert guest speakers at most meetings to provide further input to the group. Guest speakers could be relevant customer cases, analysts or industry standard organisations.
Focus and topics
Product management topics are the main themes for the group and here’s some of the topics we will cover in 2017:
- Beta programs / how to manage customers expectations when iterating quickly, meaning when you add things and potentially remove them shortly after
- Concept software
- Continuous innovation in established software development company
- Evaluating Product Managers – what performance indicators (if any) are the best?
- Making cross-team collaboration happen
- Public roadmap – how to communicate product plans w/o losing competitive edge
- Aiming for narrower focus but keeping a team productive, the myth/grail of parallelization to avoid idle time.
- How to make engineering teams breathe the top company priority
- Dealing with “big bets”: time consuming feature that could make your company grow or fail rapidly
- Sense of urgency – how to get the development team to breath the product?
Don’t see the topic(s) you’re interested in? Try the group and raise your topic(s) with them.
Become a member
See our different membership options